Monday, August 2, 2010

proof that I am not a tomboy


Moi and I have been lusting over a certain pair of shoes, and I have finally bit the bullet. I own these bad girls.

When first I saw them, I admit I was overwhelmed by the proportions: that's a big-ass platform. Next to all the other shoes at the shoe store, these are enormous. They are also 100% girl: peep-toe, hot red, and a stiletto that could injure an intruder, should it be necessary to defend oneself.

On the plus side, the proportion of that platform means these big girls are way comfortable. They look like they should be excruciating, and they are not.


Photographer:
Hey, she's 8. She's doing her best.
Setting: Needs a good clean. Anyway.
T-shirt: Hanes
Skirt: BCBG
Necklace: Anthropologie
Shoes: Jessica Simpson "Astor"

FYI, they also look great next to a pair of cycling shoes.

4 comments:

kipod said...

since i've started reading this blog, i often wonder what tone the next shopping excursion we have together will take now that i too wear women's clothing.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Ah. I see you've been visited by the Chinese spam fairies. Congratulations! This means you will blessed with many, many sons. That said, I love the whole look. I don't have a white T-shirt, but I have a black one, and may copy you today. No, wait. Tomorrow. I have too much walking to do today.

moi said...

Once I get home, I will kick off these sensible peep toe Binis and put on my Jessicas. Yes. I. Will.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

kipod - is it true? girl clothes? oh yes, let's do go shopping!!